every week I hear the weed-wacking and lawnmower sounds of the landscaping guys around eight in the morning on thursdays. I heard them this morning as usual. today is wednesday. it took a little while for the confusion to clear and the disappointment to set in. I really wanted it to be thursday just so tomorrow could be friday. sad isn’t it? so I thought I’d cheer myself up with a random post of things I’m loving right now.
I had never heard of them until amanda started raving about them. she sent me a couple packs to try and, I’ll admit, I ignored them because I just didn’t get it. I got used to the monotony of making half-square triangles I guess. a couple of weeks ago I wanted to get back into my 80’s quilt and the next block on the list was mostly half squares. this was the fastest block I’ve put together and everything lined up perfectly. thangles for the win!
- the remnant and pogagi quilts victoria keeps making are killing me.
- I’ve been loving latifah’s measured improv project, but this quilt stole my heart.
- yellow and grey? yes please
- I can’t wait to see this come off the loom. (is that even the proper term?)
- I NEED to get my hands on some geo grand. I’m not buying any fabric this month, but on september 1st this fabric is mine.
- I haven’t knit a stitch since umm february? stupid arm. but once my arm heals up I’m so knitting elinor’s new cardigan! I’ll gladly bust up my arm again for centered cable goodness.