I’ve learned a few things during my morning crafting sessions:
1. the stitch the sewing machine manual suggests to use with the 1/4″ foot does not create a 1/4″ seam. move the needle to 5.5, instead of 3.5, for that perfect seam.
2. gift sewing, just as gift knitting, brings about anxiety and self-doubt. stop over-thinking things.
3. opened seams make for easier cutting when working with crazy nine patch blocks.
4. you bought the ‘best press’, now use it.
5. if you’re going to steam press something, then make sure you’re wearing pants.