I didn’t expect this small break from blogging, but being sick, leisurely working on my knitting, going to boston for a week and then going to see the in-laws all colluded in keeping me away. the most annoying thing though (ok.it’s a little more than annoying), the thing that always makes me go quiet, is when I find someone using one of my images without permission. there’s always the uncomfortable email, “hi, that picture you’re using…yeah umm I own the copyright NOT you!”. if it wasn’t captured by your camera’s sensor or film, then it isn’t yours. it’s that easy. I don’t care what you think google images is for. phew, I’ve been holding that in for a while so let’s move on.
so like I said, I’ve been knitting here and there but I don’t have any images to proove it. instead I have pictures of my unknitting. some knitters have been having problems with the seeded cable cardigan pattern from sensual knits, add to that not being able to reach the designer and we end up taking out every seam. desperate times call for desperate measures around here. really it was just the best way to get exact measurements and really see where all the increases and decreases take place.
the easiest parts were the sleeves of course. the few mistakes I found here were the schematic measurements (too big) and the number of increases called for (two too many), which of course changes the stitch count and hence the measurements. if you’re knitting this pattern, you can see my notes by following this link to flickr. of course, what I’ve found only applies to the XS size. figuring out the other sizes is yet another step I’ll have to take sometime.
next I’ll have to tackle the back, the neck shaping specifically. tomorrow I’m going out of town for a day though, so I may not be able to post until thursday. I’ll take the sweater pieces with me at least so I can work on them.